Monday, December 7, 2009

What’s the right size for me?




As a follow up to the last posting, I would like to ask these questions: “What’s the right (optimum) size church for me?”, “What’s the right size ABF class for me?”, or “What is the right size small group for me?” Often things fit because they are the right size for us. Things feel good, comfortable and we just fit well. I find myself asking some other questions about these same subjects: “Has my class size changed since this time last year?” or “Has my church sized changed since last year?” or “Has my small group size changes since this time last year?” Really, the question should be, “Have I become comfortable with the size or my class, group or church?”

Thoughts like these are only good for me and my situation, but they are deadly for the next generation or even those who will come next year. My goal for 2010 is to help create an environment that will impact my community. If you are interested in seeing our church go forward in 2010, will you join together and create an environment for motion, growing and maturity? I’m making necessary adjustments to my comfort zone that will include more people, more touch points, and, more relationships. I’m praying that people will come to our church, classes and groups because they were invited by us and not because they drove by and saw the church.
(The picture above is a Pizza Hut delivery car stopped in front of McDoanlds. The driver was outside his comfort zone as he purchased a "Happy Meal" for one of his children.)

No comments:

Post a Comment