Monday, December 21, 2009

Comments We Made in 1955

I found this in a SAS Shoe Newsletter:
  • If prices keep going up, we'll no longer be able to buy a week's groceries for $20.00.
  • Gasoline now costs 29 cents a gallon.  I may be better off leaving the car in the garage.  Besides it won't be long before $2,000 will only buy a used one.
  • And I am afraid the Volkswagen is going to open the door to a whole lot of foreign business.
  • The drive-in restaurant is convenient in nice weather, but I doubt seriously that they will ever catch on.
  • Have you heard?  They are making electric typewriters now.
  • If they raise the minimum wage to $1.00, nobody will be able to hire outside help at the store and the post office is thinking about charging a dime just to mail a letter.
  • Some baseball player just signed a contract for $75,000 a year just to play ball.  It wouldn't surprise me if someday they'll be making more than the President.
  • I wonder if I'll see the day when Government takes half of our income in taxes.  Makes me wonder if we are electing the best people to Congress.

No comments:

Post a Comment