Thursday, December 10, 2009

What Jesus' Call Means to Me- Part 2

The call continued to Austin, Texas in the spring of 2001.  I received an unexpected call from a friend in a Houston church who asked, "Would you be interested in making a move to Austin?"  Jan & I had never moved.  That would certainly be an adventure.  Shortly, I received a call from Pastor Rod Minor who wanted to meet and talk about the work at Anderson Mill Baptist Church.  I was very excited about a fresh opportunity to serve.  The call was at work again.

(Yes, there are lots of details that get us to this point, but this is a blog, not a book!)

What does Jesus' call mean to me today?  In a word- relationships. What wonderful relationships we have in Austin.  Austin continues to be a great place to give your best.  My prayer is that each of us would invest in people whatever is necessary to make disciples that honor Christ.  In our lesson this week in Mark 2, Jesus issues the call to follow Him, serve others, and tell others how to discover and accept the call.

No comments:

Post a Comment