Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What Jesus' Call Means to Me

It was in the summer of 1994 that I began to sense God's call on my life to give Him all.  I had given Him, I thought,  my best, but I discovered that giving my all IS the Best.  I began to see God close the chapter in my life that had been a great chapter for 18 years.  Jan & I were blessed by a family business in the petroleum distribution arena.  Time for a change- a new adventure.  God had me serving in churches for years in every capacity imaginable.  So why change?  The Call!  God had fresh ideas for me.  Ideas He had set in motion while I was a student at Texas A & M.  It was there that I learned to love the Lord with all my heart.  In general, the Lord had be in an intense learning environment of work, the Bible, and ministry.  It was during this time I received the best Biblical training imaginable- one-on-one.  God placed me in the path of Arthur "Prof" Smith.  For the next 22 years I learned about life from God's perspective as Prof taught me to love God and serve people.  

The call to a paid position with a church in 1994 was a new idea for Jan & me in, but God was at work.  The Call was to leave the corporate world and serve Him in a new place with a new income and new relationships.  After a series of events and lots of prayer, Jan & I accepted the call to enter the adventure of a church staff family for the next 6 1/2 years in Santa Fe, Texas

For me, Jesus' call meant change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment