Friday, January 29, 2010

How to Be Succeessful

Our ABF lesson this week is about success. How we define success often determines the path we take in business, relationships, finances and spiritual things. Jesus, for me, defines success in Mark 10:45 (which happens to be my life verse). Jesus' disciples were growing indiffernet, if not upset at Jesus' constant talk about His coming death. Jesus is headed for Jerusalem in Mark 10 and He begins to tell His disciples how to be successful. It wasn't by giving, being better parents, staying late at work, having a good educaton, or taking time off for important times, as important as these may be. He simply told then TO SERVE. How could they have missed the greatest point in being a success.

Jan & I were coming home last week after grocery shopping and it was getting dark. We noticed a man at the end of our sidewalk. I parked in the garage and went to the rear of the car and began asking what he needed. He was "selling magazine subscriptions" in an effort to turn his life around. After a few moments of listening, I dismissed him and started into the garage. The man (who said his name was "Julius Caesar") asked one final question: "Do you believe in second chances?" Well, I did just then as I asked my Heavenly Father what I was to say next. Mr. Caesar asked if I could give him some advice on how to be successful.

Mark 10:45 came to mind as I told him to "learn to serve other people." He wanted to know where I had learned this and I told how it was from the Bible. I had a second chance to tell him more about Jesus. Often we can serve people the best by telling them about Jesus. One person said that there are more people waiting to hear about Jesus than there are people willing to tell others about Jesus.

Take a moment and discover "How to Be Successful" and read Mark 10:45. Someone will be glad you did.
















I'm told that the government taxes property in Colorado
based on the vista it has. (Ridgeway, CO)

No comments:

Post a Comment