Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My Lesson from Cornbread Dressing

This year I made some cornbread dressing for my Oldest Son's Fire station in Galveston. Usually Papaw did this, but we couldn't coordinate schedules. I learned a lot about lesson preparation from my experience this year with cornbread dressing.
1. Start with a basic recipe. Before I even approach a Sunday's Lesson, I get a sense of where it appears to be heading. Dad had written a vague list of ingredients and some directions, but I knew what the dressing tasted like in past years and that's what guided me. I knew I needed to start early and gather the ingredients before I even started combining items. Each week, I usually begin lesson preparation on Sunday night or Monday morning. Just reading through the passage and the lesson plan is how I start.

More in the next blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment